||File > Import Data > Laser Ablation ICP/OES (iCAP 6000)
The import filter for images obtained by laser ablation in combination with ICP/OES (iCAP 6000) is a proprietory filter specifically developed for the needs of a particular research group (Nischkauer/Limbeck, Vienna University of Technology). If you have a similar instrument and you need to import your image data, please contact Epina.
- Click the command "File>Import Data>Laser Ablation ICP>OES (iCAP 6000)"
- Click the button "Read MS Data File (TXT)" and select the data file to be imported
- Select the element which occurs at approx. even concentrations in the entire sample (most often this is an ubiquitous element such as carbon)
- Set the left and the right boundary of measured data such that all the valid data points are covered (indicated by the yellowish background color)
- Set the left and the right intensity threshold. This threshold is used to detect backscans of the instrument and should be set about 10% above the blank signal.
- Set the "Probe Mode"
- Set the "Scan Direction"
- Click the "Import Data" button